Seal and Insulate
Rebate – $3,000
Air leaks in most houses add up to the equivalent of an open window in your home. Leaky ducts in attics and crawlspaces can account for 20% or more of your home energy losses. Air sealing measures and adding insulation are often the most cost-effective way to improve your home.
- Air seal the home to California Energy Code Standards (SLA 4.9) or less
- Seal the attic floor and insulate to a minimum of R-38
- Install new ductwork, factory insulated to R-8, sealed to 5% leakage or less
- Deep bury ductwork in attics
New Windows Rebate bonus: $500
Additional incentives for windows are available for Seal and Insulate customers.
- Requires a minimum of 50 sq. feet of new windows
- Windows must have minimum ratings of .30 U-factor and 0.25 SHGC
- NFRC ratings labels must be in-place